Skip to main content

Hair Removal: Glam Works Body Wax Strips Review


Hello lovelies!!! 
I'm back and somewhat excited! Ahahaha! 3 years already passed! Gosh! *o* And believe me a lot happened to me: both ups and downs in terms of life and health but thanks to God's unending grace, glory and love...I'M BACK! And I never thought that I would actually, but thanks to my officemate who inspired me to be back to blogging, I'm here! Anyway, enough of the drama. Here's my comeback post for 2017! (mid-2017, that is xD)

Glam Works Body Wax Strips
But first what is a Wax Strip?
Unlike the common hot wax or cold wax, that you need to put first the wax directly on your skin then topped it with the cloth as a mean of support in pulling off the hair, the wax strip has its wax already placed on the cloth--ready to be used on skin. 



Actually, I only consider using this for I got tired of using hot wax because it is sooo messy and full of effort to do, in short due to my laziness--which is not a good reason ladies and gentlemen. *when it comes to skincare remember: don't be lazy and please be patient or else you'll regret it, believe me*

Glam Works Body Wax Strips Box Front

So here it is:
What? Glam Works Body Strip Wax
How Much? 199 Php / 4$
Where? Watsons


Glam Works Body Wax Strips Box Rear
Ingredients: 
Okay I will not go into details about the ingredients, but let's be mindful that it has Aloe Vera extract (at least not on the bottom of the list), Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor Oil) and Parraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil)
  • Aloe Vera - Okay good, it soothes the skin but also aids in hair growth, right? Hmm??
  • Castor Oil - a wonder oil...for growing hair...why?? o.O
  • Mineral Oil - Okay I will not discuss this further because there's still a debate if it's good or bad for the skin.
Disclaimer: I'm not a chemist or an expert in terms of extracts and such. What I stated above are the general knowledge I know. So please don't antagonized me xD, but corrections and insights are welcome. Thank you. :)

Glam Works Body Wax Strip Sample and Finishing Wipe
Sorry for the last pic, as I've said--this comeback is unplanned so I only got a photo of what is left. Basically, the package includes: 12 strips & 2 Finishing Wipes.

Just a background story, don't imitate what I did with this product or else you'll suffer like me.
So here it goes, as stated on on the box it is for the arms, bikini lines and legs--and being me, a headstrong--I tried it on my armpits and tummy area, due to laziness and frugality (don't want to do self hot waxing nor pay extra for a waxing session in a waxing salon), and guess what happened? I hurt myself and ended up having cystic pimples on my tummy area and worst of all it darkened my armpits bigtime! As in major dark! Darker than Voldemort!--get it? Voldemort? Dark Lord? Fine. Sorry. -.-"

However! For the good stuff! (Actually, the bad stuff is entirely my fault--so girls and boys, do follow the instructions, but then again--it was not stated that it can't be used on armpits and tummy, right? Chos! Just kidding! xD)
In terms of using it on my legs, the wax strips really deliver. No, that's an understatement--IT'S AMAZING: money wise and quality wise.

I bought it 2 months ago and still I have a half strip remaining. And a strip and a half is enough for my legs (armpits and tummy included, see how headstrong I am? Even with what had happened I still used it on my tummy area and armpits xD).

The trick is to cut it in cross sections. Moreover, on using it on my armpits, I limit it to only four tries, more than that it will surely sore BIGTIME--but then again, I still advise you guys to not use it on your armpits, for the skin there is much sensitive than that of our legs and arms.


The Verdict...

Pros:

  • Affordable, imagine 199 Php for 2 months worth of waxing sessions 
  • Less effort, put it on then pull it off, easy as that (except on armpits)
  • I like the Finishing Wipes because when I hurt my armpit, I put it on and it helped ease the pain. And it lessen the sticky sensation.
  • Easy to find
  • Box Wise: Full of information, tips, dos & don'ts and of course, the expiration date.
  • Leg & Armpit Hair are thinner 
Cons (disregarding my armpit & tummy incident):
  • You need to re-apply it. One application will not get it all.
  • It hurtsssssssssssssssssssssssssssooooooooobaaaaaaaaaad
  • Sticky feeling after waxing
All in all, if I were not to consider the armpit and tummy part, this product would be my hair removal bestfriend--but sadly, it is not meant for my armpits. 

Would I buy it again? No, due to thriftiness. xD An all in one wax is what I prefer but then again, if only considering waxing my legs, I'll definitely buy this product again. :)
Love Rating: 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)