Skip to main content

Whitening Soap Review: Jinju White Soap

Hello Lovelies!!!
Finally! I got to review Jinju White, after a month of using it. YES, ONE MONTH FOR ONE SOAP. I was really excited to try this soap, for it's making some noise in the beauty soap market, kinda on trend right now--and it's said to be made in Korea, the Beauty Product Capital of the world--as marketed, although I didn't find any company address in Korea on the box. So enough chit-chat, here's my review!
What? Jinju White Soap
How Much? 150 Php + SF (most affordable price in the market)
Where? Thailand Village (Online Store) (Fast-transaction: pay now, ship tomorrow. And did I mention that the seller is so kind? Yes, she is ^ v ^ )


Claim:
"Kutis Koreana within 14 days" / "Achieved that Korean Complexion within 14 days"


Ingredients:
  • Pearl Extract 
Many synthetic acne treatments can be too harsh on skin and often cause it to become sore, red, dry and flaky. The extract of freshwater pearl is used to give skin an instant youthful, glow. The finely ground powder is rich in nutrients that are vital for healthy skin such as, calcium, magnesium and zinc. - Nivea
  • Salicylic Acid
When applied to the skin, salicylic acid may work by helping the skin to shed dead cells from the top layer and by decreasing redness and swelling (inflammation). - WebMD
  •  Glycolic Acid
Glycolic acid is part of the group of active compounds known as AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids). Derived from cane sugar: It has the smallest molecules in the group so is able to penetrate skin deeply and easily, making it the most effective for treating fine lines, acne, blackheads, dullness, oiliness etc. - Bona Fide Skincare
  • Camellia Japonica
Camellia Japonica. Camellia japonica, also known as “Tsubaki,” is the Japanese native form of the plant Camellia. It is a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins, phytosqualene, and Omega-6 fatty acids. These ingredients can provide skin-enhancing benefits such as antioxidant protection and moisturizing properties. - L'Oreal Paris
  • Oxalis triangularis 
 These compounds [found in Oxalis Triangularis] may be useful as the cosmetic agent to stimulate skin whitening. -  PubMed.Gov
  • Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
 Green tea extract is derive d from leaves of Camellia sinensis. Green tea extract is naturally rich in antioxidants, which has a cell-protecting function as well. It's a strong antioxidant effect that protects the skin from the damaging effect of free radicals. - Skin Care Club
  • Niacinamide 
Also known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, niacinamide is a very effective skin-restoring ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin. Among these benefits is the ability to visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface. - Paula's Choice
  • N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine
N-Acetyl-Glucosamine (NAG) is a special form of glucosamine that is not only the precursor to hyaluronic acid but also reduces inflammation and extends life of important skin cells. - Wellness Resources
  •  Madecassoside
In clinical studies, madecassoside has demonstrated skin healing as well as anti-aging properties in skin. - PhaMix
  • Morus Alba Bark Extract (Mulberry)
Both Morus alba root bark and leaves can whiten skin. - Self Hacked
  •  Apple Fruit Extract
Apple extracts and essences are used in skin care for their rich nutritional profiles. Like papaya, apple extract is rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and natural acids. - Astrida Naturals
  •  Tricholoma Matsutake Extract
Cosmetic ingredient for skin conditioning. - The Good Scents Comapny
  •  Broussonetia Papyrifera Bark
...might act as a potential therapeutic agent for inflammatory diseases. - PMC
 Okay, that was loooooooooong and tiring. Sorry. -.-" I just want to scrutinize the ingredients for us to further learn about this soap and if it's really worth the price---and with these ingredients noted, perhaps it's not a waste after all, but the question is "DOES ITS FORMULATION WORKS?"


Let me summarize my experience by means of weeks:
  • Week 1: The first time I used it, my skin felt itchy. Thought it was drying but there's no peeling. Moreover, it didn't sting. IT'S THE MILDEST WHITENING SOAP I'VE ENCOUNTERED. Mild fragrance--low key fragrance--parang wala ngang amoy minsan dear! Didn't lather easily. There's glowing effect after use.
  • Week 2: Itch was gone. I love using it. It was not drying. There's this consistent glowing/ brightening effect. I let it stay on my face and body for more than 5 minutes, it's that mild! No peeling yet. However, I started breaking out, both on the body and on the face--not sure if its due to period or because of the soap. Took a photo and there's a slight change on my complexion.
(Let me just share that I just came from work when I took this shot--and I don't wear make-up and didn't wash my face too)
  • Week 3: Pimples gone except the little ones on my neck. Loving the continuous glow effect. Still experiencing the subtle whitening and brightening effect. Micropeeling started.
  • Week 4: No more pimples. Still experiencing the glow and the subtle pinkish whitening. The itch didn't came back. However, ubos na sya dear. 



Pros:
  • It lasted 1 month dears! ONE MONTH!
  • MILDEST WHITENING SOAP I'VE USED!
  • AND YES, IT WHITENS DEAR!
  • TRUE TO ITS CLAIM, 2 WEEKS INDEED.
  • Gives that glowing effect, even though I'm already tired, my skin doesn't look like it.
  • Affordable price for it's claims.
  • Cute packaging, it's pink and white <3
  • There's the expiration date indication.
  • Kudos for the ingredients! Mostly plant-based. :)
  • Slight/mild micro peeling
  • Soft skiiiiiinnnnn
  • Glowing Skin
  • No cystic pimples
  • Lighten my pimple scars slightly
  • Mild scent, milk lotion like smell
  • Big bar
  • I love it--okay I'm not being biased here--it is just. Oh come on! This soap is just awesome. xD
 Cons:
  • Online purchased (Pretty Looks is kinda far from where I'm residing)
  • Didn't  lather that much
  • Yes, the itch.
  • I'm not sure if I'm gonna count the breakout in this list even though I'm not sure if it's due to the soap or just my hormones going all crazy because of my period.
Tip:
Slice the soap to be able to use it looooooooonger.

Claim Rating:
  • Whitening - ☆☆☆☆☆ OH YES! As for the Korean Complexion, I really think that they just use that term since most Koreans are fair.
Disclaimer: This product may work superb on me but it doesn't mean that it will work for you also. Our bodies, diets and health states are different. So I'm not saying that this product will work miracles for everyone. Let's be clear about that. (・ェ-)


Will I buy again? YES! OO! OPO! I actually don't want to let go of this soap, but I need to review another soap to keep this blog running. xD But this soap will be my "go back to" soap. The best in all the soaps that I've already tried.
Recommend? OH YES DEAR! 
Love Rating: ♥ X 10


Comments

  1. Hi sis! May I ask if you used any toner or moisturizer after washing your face with this soap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sis!

      Sorry for the late reply. -.-"
      Yes, I did. I used Garnier Micellar Toner and my own DIY Moisturizer (Naoe Sunflower Oil with drops of Naoe Bearberry Extract) :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hello dear!

      Thanks for visiting!
      Hindi ako gumagamit ng lotion pero I'm applying sunflower oil before going to bed. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)