Skip to main content

Note to Self: Let's not be "Green Minded"

Hello Lovelies! Hope your are all doing well.  ´ ▽ ` )ノ

First of all, I want to clarify first that by saying "Green Minded" I'm not pertaining to perverse thinking rather, I'll be talking about "MONEY" yes, that "GREEN" (that's why this post has a dog raining cash on him/her--not sure of the gender xD). And NO, I'm not going to give you a "Money Talk" or tips on "How to save" --believe me, I'm not the right person to give advice about those stuff. So you might be wondering "then what will be this post all about?"--well dear, I'll be talking about relationships, YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT---"RELATIONSHIPS".

Our relationship with our greens/ money/ wealth affects our lives, our perspectives, our relationships with others, and especially our relationship with our God. But of course you might ask "how?" and "why?"--that's why let me discuss it one by one:

Our Relationship with Money VS. Our Life:

So how does money affects our lives? That's a no brainer question, we need money in our daily lives, to be able to survive and continue living however, especially nowadays, our society is bearing in our minds that in order to make your life matter you need to earn MORE MONEY so that you can FULLY LIVE A YOLO THEMED LIFE: travel, eat at instagramable restaurants, post a daily OOTD to earn followers, have the latest gadgets, and of course BE SUCCESSFUL. The result? We are spending more than we should, we find desperate ways to earn MORE by doing OTs--tiring ourselves, we become restless, we become depressed because we are not yet there--living the dream, and we based our worth with the amount on our savings account--which is just sad, not because we are not there yet, but because we will never be there--we will always crave for MORE--to the point that we will not know that we are already there. There's no end in sight, we just keep walking not knowing life is already passing by. I'm not saying that we shouldn't pursue our dreams what I'm just saying is that "we need to love our lives more than our money or our wealth". There's more to life than wealth. And remember, like each one of us, our wealth is perishable--there's no such thing as financial security.
but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. - Matthew 6:20
The best investment that you can have is having a God Account in our lives--for like God, it is eternal and constant. And mind you, in God everything is secured and most of all--YOU ARE SECURED. And with that security we will be able to live not just for ourselves but for others also.

Our Relationship with Money VS. Our Perspectives

Often times we think that "it'll never get better", "I can't, with what I have right now, I can't afford that" and "I won't make it today, I need to borrow money but where?"--and at the end we become aloof, disengaged, paranoid and depressed--like there's no light at the end of the tunnel. We determined our capacity and fate on our wallet's status.
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13
We know that we, ourselves, are not strong enough, wealthy enough and powerful enough--so why do we keep on leaning on ourselves? Have you ever leaned on your own shoulder? Is it comfortable? IT IS NOT, RIGHT? So why lean? Therefore, let's just lean on one another--but of course, I will not be here for you always, I know that I'm not strong enough to be leaned on. So to whom should we lean, OF COURSE TO THE EVER SO POWERFUL JESUS CHRIST. I mean realtalk people, if we are to lean, why not to the most powerful one, right?
Okay, so you are not convinced, then let us set aside Jesus' resurrection many years ago and how God created the world and how He rescued the Israelites and how He divide a river into two--let us not look upon that because that was soooooooo many years ago, let just look unto last month, let me share me my experience, which was not written on the Bible.
Background: I only had 100 on my wallet (due to a household emergency) and it is just Monday (see? I'm not good with saving up), I was literally praying since morning that day for God's provision to make it to Friday, because I don't know how in the world will I ever make it.
Then it was after our regular Monday meeting, then before we (me and my officemate) go home, our Boss approached us and gave us money for us to buy food. We thanked our Boss after that. I was amazed because the sum she gave us was enough for me to make it to Friday which is our payday. I was praising God in my thoughts throughout my way home that night.
That's the thing about our God, He's full of surprises and INDEED NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH HIM.

Our Relationship with Money VS. Our Relationships with Others

My budget list is mainly composed of the following: Bills, Family Expenses, Food, For Blogging, Laundry, Necessities and Tithes (recently included, thank you Lord for the enlightenment), and the remaining goes to savings or emergency fund. So what's missing? Didn't figured it out yet? Here's a clue, I always text people this "Sorry, I can't go."-- got it? Yes, I don't invest on my relationships with people. I'm not saying that we should party all the time--that's a luxury I don't want to afford, seriously. What I'm saying is, by looking on my financial state I tend to limit myself with catching-up and fellowshipping with others. I limit my capacity to socialize. Which is very-very wrong.
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. - Matthew 7:12
The thing is "No man is an Island", it is in our nature to love and be loved in return. You can't feel loved alone--yes, you can love yourself, you can compliment yourself every single minute of your life, but compare that to a single compliment from your friends, or a simple "I love You" from someone dear to you or a hug from a friend, which is the best? Which makes you feel better?
So invest on people, invest on love, invest on your God account, because it will not just give you chances to catch-up with your loveones but God will also lead you to the right ones.

Our Relationship with Money and Our Relationship with God

Before being a Christian, I was skeptic about tithing and church offering due to the issues about church leaders corrupting those collected money. It was hard for me to give, and I used to believe that God will understand and He doesn't judge us by means of our offerings (even if we give or not). But as I further know Him, I find out that God really doesn't care about the offerings but what He's after is the heart that comes with it. The thing is, all these things we have came from Him, He gave all of these to us, so one may ask--"if that's so, why should we gave it to the church?" Because it is God's possession and He wants His possession to be used for the spreading of His Gospel and for His Kingdom, and He also wants to know how much is His and His will's worth in our lives? Will we obey? Are we brave enough to be His people? Because by offering, we are giving God a chance to do miracles in our lives--it means we trust Him wholeheartedly that He will bless us and fill us more. Moreover, it is also His way of keeping us close to Him.
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:21
So let us not be prisoners of our own bank accounts (yes, please). God wants us to live freely, can't you see? We just need to make the right investment. And remember, money is just a thing, let it not dictate us, what we need to sort out is our hearts: where it is rooted on. 。◕ ‿ ◕。

Honestly, I find this post really difficult to write, because I'm still working on it--like you dears. But I thought to myself that it had to be written, not just for my sake (so that I can remind myself with these when life hits rock bottom) but also for you Lovelies, so that you will all be reminded that you are loved and able no matter because you are with Jesus, our Lord and Savior, who loves us the most.



Hope this helps. God bless Lovelies! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)