Skip to main content

No to Extra Rice: The Less Rice Diet for Everyone

Hello Lovelies!
Image Source: Rappler.com

Few years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome which means that I have these little cysts on my ovary which resulted to my hormones being unbalanced; my male hormone population is many compared to my female ones, in other words, they run my world MORE *sorry Beyonce*--which resulted to me having an irregular period and a possibility, in the future, of a pregnancy difficulty--which is so sad for I wanna be a mom...SOMEDAY. NOT NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
With that being stated, my OB advised me to lessen my rice intake, because rice may increase sugar levels and it may arise the production of insulin which can aid in the production of Androgen (male hormones) which can worsen PCOS --and being diabetes a common disease in our family lineage, I too shall watch my health because prevention is always better than cure.

Being an "Extra Rice" Girl, this task was ssssooooooo HARD (then). I mean I'm a Filipina, Rice is life! You can't just throw away something that has been there all your life (#HUGOT) ಥ⌣ಥ . It's something that I'm used to...EAT and it's CHEAP! But then again, I need to think like an adult, it is either less rice and less meds or more rice and more meds. ( ಠ◡ಠ )

So why am I sharing this? (¬‿¬)
Because I benefited from it, it made me lose some weight and, at the same time, somehow regulate my menstrual cycle from being twice to thrice a year, it is now on a monthly basis although there are times where in it came late or skip a month, but still it's an improvement, right? (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

And of course, this post is for my Lovelies who want to lose weight, hopefully you'll find this post helpful. But let me emphasized that the weight loss is not that instant, it took me half a year or more to notice that I'm actually losing weight. So you have to be patient, believe me it's worth it and it's natural! Just be patient, disciplined and consistent. Aja! For healthier you! ᕙ(⇀v↼‶)ᕗ

So I will approach this post considering the following:

  • Your Time 
  • Your Budget
  • Your Location
I need to consider these aspects because this will make the process possible and doable, so that you'll have no reason not to do it. I listed types of people based on those 3, kindly which category you'll fall in:

Type 1: The I Have It All 

  
  • Has time to spare
  • Has the money to spend
  • Within Metro Manila or within the Urban Hub
If this is you, you can make your diet playful and exciting. You can go around the internet and make your own dish. Instead of preparing the conventional "Ulam-Kanin" meal, try making "Meat & Mixed Veggies" or use quinoa as a rice substitute. Play around your kitchen. You can cook what you want and you know what you are eating. Search online for websites showcasing healthy meal plans, like My PCOS Kitchen.
However, if you don't have any kitchen--like you live in a studio type condo or just don't want to cook, you can look up for meal plan deliveries online, not fast-food deliveries -.-"  but like the ones posted on this > When In Manila: Meal Plan Deliveries <, these are low-calorie meals delivered to your doorsteps daily so that you can escape the hassle of cooking and planning of your own meal.


Type 2: The First-Class Busy Bee in the Big City

  • Has limited time to spare
  • Has the money to spend
  • Within Metro Manila or within the Urban Hub
If this is you, Meal Plan Deliveries are for you. And if you are a veggie lover like me, you can just drop by to salad bars along the metro, like Juju Eats

Type 3: The First-Class Busy Bee NOT in the Big City

  • Has limited time to spare
  • Has the money to spend
  • Within Province or somewhat rural
If this is you, I advice that you go with the "Ulam Only" meal plan, just be sure that your viand or ulam will be a mixed of meat and veggies. If there are malls within your vicinity, go for restaurants that offers healthy meal course, like Kenny Rogers or Max's or Goldilocks, wherein they offer veggies, just remind them not to include rice in your order. Moreover, kindly aid this with a snack after two hours so you'll not get hungry, try banana or your favorite fruit or perhaps an oatmeal. :)

Type 4: The Busy Bee not in or within the Big City 

  • Has limited time to spare
  • Has limited money to spend
  • Within Metro Manila or within the Urban Hub/ Within Province or somewhat rural
If this is you, again, the "Ulam Only" Meal Plan is for you, settle for those "Lutong Ulam/ Bahay" type of canteen for the beauty of our culture is that, our viands or mga ulam are mostly incorporated by veggies, which makes them very healthy. Therefore, you'll never have to sacrifice your taste buds.
And again, just help yourself by having snacks in between meals so that you'll never get hungry. :)

Type 5: The OC on a Budget

  • WILL MAKE time to spare
  • Has limited money to spend
  • Within Metro Manila or within the Urban Hub/ Within Province or somewhat rural
This are people who wants to personalized their meal or just plainly want to know what they're eating, then Grocery Stores, Organic Markets, Public Markets & Talipapas are for you. I advise that instead of hoarding for a week, try buying produce everyday or every night after work, so that it can be as fresh as it can be, not unless you freeze it--which I did with my spinach. :)

So there you have it, which type are you? I'm Type 4 & 5--depending on my schedule. Haha!
Hope this helps. If you have any question kindly drop it on the comment box. Let's do this together for a healthy life!

But before I end this post, here are some tips to aid you with your diet so that it can be maximized:

  • Kindly start with half rice for a month, don't rush yourself, your body needs to adjust. 
  • Take supplements, to aid you, like Centrum.
  • Make sure that you have snacks in between meals, it is better to eat lightly oftenly every two hours than to starve yourself and eat a bunch later on, your digestive system will dislike you and it will make you suffer for sure.
  • Make water your major liquid intake, say no to Softdrinks and powdered juice mixed as much as possible.
  • Use Stevia instead of sugar, it will not just help you lose weight but also your teeth will love you more.
  • Cold water for hydration, room-temperature water while eating oily or fried food.
  • If the distance is walk-able, then walk.
  • Eat Fruits or Oatmeal for snacks.
  • Go for dark chocolates.
  • Sleep well
Reference:
  • When In Manila: http://www.wheninmanila.com/top-12-low-calorie-healthy-meal-plan-deliveries-in-metro-manila/
  • All GIFs are from giphy.com

Until next time! God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)