Skip to main content

For the Love of Hair: Puritan's Pride Hair Nails Skin Review

Hello Lovelies!

First of all, I would like to give you a background why I took this supplement: waaay baaack  my college days I was a rebel, to the point that I dyed my hair different colors (pink, red, orange & blonde)--to the point of breaking my hair *sorry hair!ಥ.ಥ*. So moving forward, it's 2017 and I still haven't recovered from the hair thinning it gave me. I know, t'was my fault and I'm paying the price now, LITERALLY.

That's why now, I'm avoiding dyes and I also start taking care of my hair, by that I mean: getting my hair trimmed every month, using conditioners and treatment. Moreover, nowadays I'm eyeing on organic products and supplements, just to make the process holistic --which led me to finding this product, the Puritan's Pride: Hair, Skin & Nails Formula with Type I and III Collagen.



What? Puritan's Pride Hair, Skin & Nails Formula
How Much? 419 Php (Sale + 100 Php Shipping Fee)

Parcel Packaging Upon Receipt

Bottle Packaging & Sealed Lid
Ingredients, Instructions & Expiration Date

Ingredients per serving, serving size is 3 caplets:
  • Vitamin A - 5,000 UI (IU stands for International Units and is used for the measurement of drugs and vitamins) 
Vitamin A also helps skin grow and repair skin. “This being the case, it is the active ingredient in most Retin-A type products out today,” said Dr. David Greuner, director and co-founder of NYC Surgical Associates. Retin-A is a brand name for tretonin, a prescription medication that treats acne and other skin conditions. "It works by signaling to the cells to grow at a faster rate, bringing fresher, more youthful skin to the surface more rapidly. Used in excess, it can be quite irritating, however." - LiveScience
  • Vitamin C - 60mg 
As it’s a potent antioxidant, it helps to keep wrinkles and skin dryness at bay by fighting free radical damage. - Food Matters
  • Vitamin D - 1,000 IU 
Having sufficient vitamin D in the skin helps minimize acne, boost elasticity, stimulate collagen production, enhance radiance, and lessen lines and the appearance of dark spots, he says. - Dr. Gross on You Beauty
  • Vitamin E - 15 IU 
There are claims that vitamin E, as an antioxidant, fights a host of conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease, age-related vision loss, wrinkles, and even certain cancers. And cosmetic shelves are loaded with goods that contain vitamin E that claim to reverse age-related skin damage. The real benefits behind vitamin E are found in the seesaw balance of free radicals and antioxidants. - Health Line
  • Thiamin Vitamin B1 - 5mg
Vitamin B1 works as a powerful antioxidant, which helps you protect your body from the signs of aging like wrinkles, age spots, and other age-related conditions that regularly affect the organ systems. - Organic Facts
  • Riboflavin Vitamin B2 - 2mg
Vitamin B2 riboflavin plays a role in maintaining collagen levels, which makes up healthy skin and hair. Collagen is needed to maintain the youthful structure of skin and to prevent fine lines and wrinkles, so a riboflavin deficiency can make us look aged quicker. - Dr. Axe
  • Vitamin B6 - 5mg
From the standpoint of treating acne, the key importance of getting enough vitamin B6 (also known as pyridoxine) is preventing production of excess sebum.  - Facing Acne
  • Folic Acid - 200mcg
Folic acid (folic acid vitamin), otherwise known as vitamin B9, plays a vital role in helping to maintain the skin's natural beauty. It possesses concentrations of antioxidants that work to reduce levels of oxidative stress in the skin as well as neutralize harmful free-radicals that are present in the environment.  - L'oreal Paris USA Ingredient Library
  • Vitamin B12 - 8mcg
Niacin, also known as vitamin B3 or niacinamide, is the multitasking ingredient you didn't know was in your skin and hair products. It has the ability to speed up cell metabolism and cell turnover (a process that slows down with age), revealing younger skin.  - L'oreal Paris USA Ingredient Library
  • Biotin - 3000mcg
Biotin is also a nutrient that helps us keep a young, attractive appearance since it plays a major part in maintaining the health of our hair, nails and skin. In fact, biotin sometimes gets the nickname the “H” vitamin, which stems from the German words Haar and Haut that mean “hair and skin.”- Dr. Axe
  • Pantothenic Acid - 15mg
Provitamin B5 goes beyond its role as a moisturizer and acts as a natural skin healer and protectant.- Live Strong
  • Calcium - 200mg
Calcium plays a role in regulating the skin's many functions. Most calcium in the skin is found in the epidermis, or the outermost layer of skin. Too little calcium in the diet can impair your skin's health and prevent you from realizing the skin benefits of calcium.- Live Strong
  •  Phosphorus - 90mg
The health benefits of phosphorus include healthy bone formation, improved digestion, regulated excretion, protein formation, hormonal balance, improved energy extraction, cellular repair, optimized chemical reactions, and proper nutrient utilization. The health benefits of phosphorous make it an important constituent of any diet.- Organic Facts
  • Magnesium - 50mg
It helps the body in maintaining normal nerve and muscle function, along with steady cardiac beats. Besides, it also keeps your bones strong and boosts your body's immunity power. What's more, magnesium strengthens the body with protein fusion and aids one in maintaining normal blood pressure.- Style Craze
  • Manganese - 2mg
Manganese is an essential mineral that is needed by our body in little amounts, and hence, it is often referred to as one of the trace minerals. Our body contains, at most, 20 mg of manganese. It is mainly concentrated in the liver, pancreas, kidneys, and bones. This mineral is needed for the proper functioning of our brain and nervous system.- Style Craze
  • PABA Para-Aminobenzoic Acid - 10mg
Image Source: http://www.xtend-life.com/information/ingredients/paba
  • Choline Bitartrate - 10mg
Image Source: http://www.xtend-life.com/information/ingredients/choline_bitartrate
  • Citrus (Bioflavonoids) - 38mg
Citrus fruits are well known for being a good source of vitamin C. The reason is that the flavonoids they contain greatly enhance and prolong the effect of the vitamin C.- Grow Youthful
  • Horsetail Powder - 3mg
Horsetail is a plant. The above ground parts are used to make medicine. Horsetail is used for “fluid retention” (edema), kidney and bladder stones, urinary tract infections, the inability to control urination (incontinence), and general disturbances of the kidney and bladder.- Web MD
  • Inositol - 30mg
Inositol is used for diabetic nerve pain, panic disorder, high cholesterol, insomnia, cancer, depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer's disease, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, promoting hair growth, a skin disorder called psoriasis, and treating side effects of medical treatment with lithium.- Web MD
  • Collagen - 50mg
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies, especially type 1 collagen. It’s found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons. It’s what helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells. When it comes to our joints and tendons, in simplest terms, it’s the “glue” that helps hold the body together.- Dr. Axe
That was long, sorry. щ(ಥДಥщ)
Before I continue, I would like to state first that I'm not a chemist, so I'm not really that all-knowing in terms of these ingredients, what I gather are just articles from websites that I THINK are LEGIT sources, you can click the links to see the full article and be the judge of it. But, if you are one of those knowledgeable persons about these stuff, and you want to add some insights or you beg differ from what I gather, you are mostly welcome to comment. I really want this blog to be resourceful. Thank you. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

So moving forward, initially, I'm only looking for a Biotin supplement, but upon stumbling on this product in the Puritan's Pride Website, I thought why not get a holistic supplement instead, right? So for my progress upon using this product, kindly see picture below, please excuse me for the floor drain picture:

This is after consuming 2 and a half bottles of it.  I only focused on the hair side. T'was not that drastic but at least it's working right? And my hair is not that fragile unlike before, it doesn't easily break now unlike then. I guess my investment didn't go to waste after all. :)

Pros:
  • Fast delivery Puritan's Pride! However, in my third order--they somewhat overlooked it and I got my order 1 week after. -.-" <--- (this only happened once)
  • Sealed packing, bubble wraps
  • Sealed Bottle
  • Packed Ingredients! 
  • Based on package: No Artificial Color or Flavor, No Preservatives, No Sugar, No Milk, No Lactose, No Gluten, No Wheat, No Yeast, No Shellfish & Sodium Free --which I find amazing, because being diagnosed with PCOS before & having a diabetic blood line, I need to be careful about sugar. 
  • Effective on my hair
  • Makes my hair more lively and manageable
  • Shiny Hair
  • Soft Skin
  • Have this glowing effect but not consistent. But at least, right?
  • It helped with my previous breakout, it is part of my Holistic Breakout Survival Kit (which I will post sooooooooooon)
  • Nails are growing fine.
Cons:
  • Kinda expensive for me, but actually when I went to Healthy Options their HNS Formula is waaay expensive, and of course I already browse online supplement shops--and NAH! Puritan's Pride is the most affordable. So is this really a con?? -.-"
  • It didn't do anything for my chicken skin or skin bumps.
  • Can only be bought online.
Will I buy again? Yes, I'll continue using this for my hair sake.
Recommend? Yes :)
Love Rating: ♥♥


Comments

  1. Soma Pill is a pain medicine and it is used for the treatment of acute pain. This oral medicine helps to overcome pain from the body. It is a trusted pain reliever. Soma Pill can be purchased online from Online Pharmacy Pills.

    Buy Soma pill Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)