Skip to main content

Note to Self: How to deal with Irritation (Irita Bes!)


Hello Lovelies!

Don't you have those  "Irita" moments? Wherein, someone or something is challenging your patience and peace? And your just there, concealing it like Queen Elsa, waiting to explode and have that "Let it go" moment.

Irritation is normal,  but what's bad about it is how we release it or the actions it can produce. Sometimes, when we get so carried away by irritation, we tend to do two things:  hurt others or hurt ourselves. Tons of foolish things and problems are sometimes rooted from irritation.

So being a fellow human specie I'm going to share to you how I deal with it. But first of all, let me tell you where I am rooted: what I'm gonna share to you is from a Christian Girl's perspective, rooted from the Bible. But of course I'm not saying that this is post is just for Christians only---everyone's welcome. I just want make that clear, to avoid conflicts and confusions. Hopefully it can help you like it helped me.  。◕ ‿ ◕。

Scripture:
He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, yet the world did not know Him. He came to his own, and his people did not receive Him. But to all who din receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God. - John 1:10-13

Observation:
Who: God and Us
What: God's relationship with us.

First of all, I want to highlight how patient God is, imagine He's like our creator and everything but we disregard Him--BIGTIME. Imagine that presentation or report you did and didn't get the right amount of credit or that annoying person who didn't seem to know how to say "Thank You" or the time wherein you cleaned up your room but your younger siblings mess it up again and you got the scolding. Get the feeling?

Those things are just petty, but the irritation we felt during those situations can overcome us. But imagine how Jesus felt? Especially those persecution times--imagine His mission: to save those who hurt and persecute Him---because of what? Because of love.

So love, one may say it is easy to love--of course it is, if we like the person we are loving. However, that's not how love works. Love happens when we love beyond your emotions, preferences and ourselves. Just like how Jesus did.

Perhaps, you are wondering where I'm going with this "Love" talk, and my response is somewhat cliche, because "love is the answer"--cheezy ei? PWE. *cringe* but seriously. It is. ♥

Because Jesus only focused on love. So you may say--"that's Jesus, Cz! We're not God"
--I know, but we can look up into Him. And of course, we don't have that consistent PATIENT and LOVE God has. But we can pray and practice those.

But of course, you can't just approach the person you are irritated with and tell that person "I love you" everytime you get irritated by him/her. That's why I prepared some stuff, here are some of the things I do in order to calm down myself when the irritation is crawling on my skin:

  • Pause and think.
  • Pray...for patience and control---control yourself dear! Don't slap the person!
  • Deep inhale and exhale.
  • I ask myself what would Jesus do if He was on my shoes? 
  • What are the consequences if I do this?
  • What would I feel if I'm the other person?
  • Think of a funny meme/ situation
  • Count 1-10 before speaking
  • Limit your talk with that person
  • Listen to music
  • Stay calm....please
  • Smile--even though "pilit" and you don't feel like doing it, believe me--it can help. Works like magic. ^ . ~
  • Avoid that activity or person not in the most obvious way (prevention is always better than cure). Limit the encounter.
  • If it is a task, start doing it--stop complaining and find ways to enjoy it.
  • It's all in the mind and in the heart--these two are just parts of you, don't let it overcome you--think of the amount of stress that can ruin your other body systems. Think about your skin, your stomach and your armpit--that will get sweaty once you started stressing out---so not lovely, right?
  • Always respect others. Remember the Golden Rule.
  • Have some treat. If you like chocolates--have some. 
  • Sleep it up.
  • Drink it up--not with alcohol, I'm talking about coffee, tea, juices and water here Lovelies!
  • Kill that person!!!...with kindness, that is. :D
  • If the annoyance is still there and kept going on, be honest--tell the person why you're irritated with him/her. Tell that person privately--in that way, he/she will not be embarrassed. But of course, you need to weigh first if your reason for irritation is valid--and not just because of your hormones or you feeling like "I want to be annoyed" or "I'm not in the mood, so people are irritating" state.
  • Talk to someone and validate if your annoyance is legit. Be careful of whom to talk to. Don't add another stick on your bonfire.
  • Avoid talking about that person or that stuff.
  • Love yourself, don't let things ruin your day.
I know that this post is pretty vague, but I've tried these and it worked on me, hopefully it will help you also. Although I'm not saying that nothing irritates me--actually, A LOT still do. But at the end of the day, I always hold unto God for support and forgiveness because I know, I can't overcome anything without Him--for He is beyond me and He had given me enough love so that I can also love---but then again, I'm still on the process of being what God wants me to be, right? And it's a good thing that God is soooo patient. 

So let's be patient Lovelies! Let's fight annoyance! And honestly, who wants to be annoyed, right?

Till next time Lovelies!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)