Skip to main content

Skincare Routine: Keeping it Simple

Hello Lovelies!

Up until now, I'm still battling with the pimples I got from using Silka. And let me tell you guys, I've haven't experienced a breakout like this for awhile (last that I can remember was during the Beauche experience) that's why even though I may seem fine outside, but I'm really-really-hontoni-hontoni crying and panicking inside(╥_╥)

However,  let's not dwell most on the sad part--with this situation at hand I thought of researching how to take care of my face--the right way. The thing is, we often think that having a squeaky clean face is the solution to battle pimples and stripping oil is the best way to do that...which is sadly not ENTIRELY TRUE. OOPS.

Image Source: http://www.fletchercreekwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/water.jpg

Because there is a thing such a Good Oil and a Bad Oil...

Actually it is quite easy to differentiate the two, Good Oil is the oil we produced naturally on our face, which our face used as a natural moisturizer. As for the Bad Oil, this is the dirty oil, the one that is packed with toxins which we gather when exposed to pollution. So how do we takeout the bad oil without sacrificing the good oil? Time is the answer.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dermatologist nor a chemist, but this is how I assess my skincare routine, for it had and still been helping me and I just want to share it to you. Hopefully, this will help you and will work on you. 。◕ ‿ ◕。

My Motto:
Morning Face produces Good Oil
Night Face produces Bad Oil
  • Morning Face is the fresh face, the face packed with the oils your face generated while sleeping plus the oils you've put: the serum, night moisturizer etc. 
  • Night Face is the haggard face, the tired face--packed with all the dirt you inhabit throughout the day. 
How to cleanse?
Since we now know the difference between the two oils, it's about time to deal with these two. Here's my step by step guide on how i cleanse my skin the whole day:

Morning: Make the most out of the oil!
  • I only wash my face with room temperature to cold water, to decrease pore size and preserve that fresh face full of moisture!
  • Damp my face with a clean towel, don't rub!
  • Massage ice cube on my face, again to decrease pore size and damp it to dry
  • Then I put my daytime moisturizer 
  • And don't forget to put your sunscreen! (The Most Important Thing!!)
  • Wait for 15-20 minutes, then say hello to sunshine! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Since I don't wear make-up, I tend to wash my face during lunch break with my  Facial Cleanser and re-apply my daytime moisturizer and sunscreen.

Night: Clean it all baby!
  • If you are wearing make-up, I propose that you use first an oil based make-up remover.
  • Then wash your face with your favorite cleanser
  • Apply your favorite toner (as for me, I use Calamansi--my substitute for lemon--yes, trying to be organic baby)
  • Put that serum on! (Your concentrated oil or cream)
Optional: And if you're like me, a moisturizer lover, I tend to put a night time moisturizer too followed by my DIY moisturizer (these moisturizers are basically a combination of oils, not that concentrated, but they're means of moisture support). So basically I put three (3) layers of moisturizing agents on my face every night. *sorry not sorry* ಥ⌣ಥ

Moreover, at least 2-3 times a week try to put on some face hydrating mask--but in my case, I have my own DIY mask--after putting your moisturizer. You can leave it on actually and wake up with super soft and moisturized skin.

Additional Tip: Please do exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. In my case, I use a mixture of tomato-calamansi juice-rice flour-turmeric-brown sugar to gently exfoliate my skin. Yes, trying to be organic here.

Hope this will be helpful to you lovelies. Until next time! God bless!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)