Skip to main content

The Aloe Vera Gel Battle: Esfolio vs. Nature Republic vs. The Face Shop (Repost from IG)


Hello Lovelies!!

As stated on the title, this is just a repost from my IG account--once tried it as a review platform but didn't progressed. *please excuse me for my laziness =.="*

In this post I will review three (3) products (again, as stated on the title xD)--sorry for hoarding aloe gels -.-" but actually, the main reason why I switched from oil moisturizers to aloe gel last year (yes, last year because now I'm loving oils again ♥ except during summer time) is because I thought my skin is oily but turned out it was a combination type AND ALSO, I learned that oil moisturizers are not really bad for oily skins. :) It just depends on using the right kind of oil. Hopefully, I will be able to post something about what oil to use for a specific skin, but for now--since I still need some research about that--be patient with me. xD


So nuff-nuff with the chit-chat, let's proceed with the Bida or Main Character of this post. But first! Let's have quick FYI regarding the benefits of Aloe Vera in our skin & hair.
  • Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin C - an antioxidant and a part of the composition of collagen which is known as an anti-aging agent and also aids in strengthening the hair strands and promotes hair growth.
  • Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin E - promotes hair growth & reduced scalp inflammation which leads to hair loss. Moreover, in terms of skin benefits, vitamin E aids in reducing toxins in our skin which results to wrinkles.
  • Aloe Vera is rich in Beta Carotene - beta carotene when ingested becomes Vitamin A which is retinol that aids in cell growth--meaning hair cell growth included too--and also acts as antioxidant. Moreover, retinol is widely used on products that aid in curing acne -- but of course in excess can dry-out your skin.

So all in all, our little green friend is such a wonder plant! No wonder it's still trending up until now. So bring on the Aloes!!

1. Esfolio 100% Aloe Vera Moisture Soothing Gel 

Price: 350 Php
Weight: 300ml
Where did I bought it? BSKOS Shop in Globe Tower, Boni 

Pros:
  • Can be used on skin and on hair
  • Doesn't give that sticky feeling
  • Easily Absorbed
  • Good moisturizer
  • Had this cooling effect that is really good for summer season
  • Good for sensitive skin
  • The smell of Aloe lasted in my hair for the whole day


Cons:
  • Expensive
  • The container is not travel size
  • The direction and ingredients text are all in Hangeul so I can't read it -.-"

Buy Again? Maybe, because it is too expensive and it only lasted for two weeks.
Recommend? Yes, sure-- if budget is not an issue to you. :)
Love Rating: ♥♥♥♥

2. Nature Republic 92% Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera Gel

Price: 295 Php
Weight: 300ml
Where did I bought it? Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall in Cainta

Pros:
  • Can be used on skin and hair
  • Had this cooling effect, really good for summer season
  • Good for sensitive skin
  • The direction and ingredients area has English translation


Cons:
  • Still Expensive (but cheaper than Esfolio's)
  • The container is not travel size
  • In comparison with Esfolio, Nature Republic's Aloe Gel has less moisturizing effect, perhaps because it is only 92% aloe 
  • It has this isopropyl alcohol smell, sometimes I feel like I'm just applying alcohol on my face. -.- It lasted for only 1 and a half weeks.

Buy Again? Nope.
Recommend? Yes, but not for people with dry skin like me. Moreover, in comparison with Esfolio, Nature Republic's Aloe Gel is much affordable but then again, this gel only lasted for like 1 and a half weeks to me. -.-" 
Love Rating: ♥♥♥

I know Nature Republic's Aloe Gel is trending nowadays, I'm not trying to ruin their aloe reputation, I think my skin is just really dry and the 92% isn't enough for me. 


3. The Face Shop 99% Jeju Fresh Soothing Aloe Vera Gel

Price: 195 Php
Weight: 300ml
Where did I bought it? The Face Shop, SM Megamall

Pros:
  • Can be used on skin and hair
  • Good moisturizer,not drying 
  • Easily absorbed, not sticky 
  • Had this cooling effect, really good for sunny weather
  • Good for sensitive skin
  • The smell of Aloe really lasts in my hair for the whole day
  • It lasted 3 WEEKS!! Less expensive


Cons:
  • The only thing that I don't like about this product is its container, it is not travel size


Buy Again? Yes. 
Recommend? Yes :)
Love Rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

But all in all, in comparison with the two previous brands I've used, this is the most affordable, and take note, it is almost like esfolio aloe vera but cheaper. :) 

I only use aloe vera gel as face and body moisturizer during summer season only, being in a tropical country--using oil as a daytime moisturizer is somewhat not advisable unless you want to burn yourself. 
Moreover, another reason why I limit my use of aloe gel in my skin is that I don't know if people who've already tried aloe gels experienced this but, back when I was still using aloe gel as my face and body moisturizer, the hair strands on my arms started growing--I actually didn't notice it until my Mom told me "kelan ka pa naging balbon?" meaning "when did you become hairy?" then I'm like *ouch!* </3 (BTW, sorry for the poor translation -,-") 

Articles I read:
  • http://food.ndtv.com/beauty/6-amazing-benefits-aloe-vera-hair-skin-weight-loss-1221869
  • http://stylecaster.com/beauty/why-vitamin-c-is-good-for-your-skin/
  • http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/skin-health/vitamin-C
  • http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/vitamin-e-oil-tips_n_3477654.html
  • http://www.viviscal.com/blog/is-vitamin-e-good-for-hair/
  • http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/benefits-of-beta-carotene-for-skin-hair-and-health/#gref
  • https://www.drweil.com/vitamins-supplements-herbs/vitamins/beta-carotene/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)