Skip to main content

Note to Self: My Genesis, Your Genesis, Our Genesis

Hello Lovelies!

As I was sliding back into reading the Bible (because I felt like I was backsliding ever since 2018 started. SAD...), I didn't know where to start, that's why I decided to start from where it all began: Genesis. The funny thing is, I've read Genesis years ago and I treated it as a history like book--I was just picturing how God created the world and etc. BUT NOW as I read it again, my understanding about it got deeper *I guess*, I bet it is because of what was preached awhile ago during our church service that:
"(The Bible) it's scriptures were breathed by God"
Therefore it is God talking to us; with that in mind, as soon as I started to began my quiet time I was quite amazed that by reading the first chapter of Genesis I was reminded of my walk with God.

"And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light." - Genesis 1:3
When I first came to know our Lord, those were my dark days and that's where magic started. Upon accepting Jesus as my Lord and Savior, everything changes: my perspectives, the way I live and the way I interact. I was enlightened. He transformed me, and He will keep transforming me--*for I'm such a headstrong lady*-- I believe that's the first step. We are like the earth: God lighted it first so that it can be livable, and as for us, God lighted us so that we can see the path He want's us to take, so that we could live it. He wants to guide us to His perfect and pleasing plan for us.

" And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.”" - Genesis 1:6
Sometimes, even though we are already in Christ, we tend to forget the fact that God is loving, almighty and constant. We still rely on what we see, to the point that we think we are in the wrong place, race, and situation--and concluding that God's plan will not take place unless we get out of our current state. However, the good thing is....THAT'S NOT HOW GOD WORKS. He separated us, like how He separated the waters, for a purpose. We are all different from one another, and so is also God's way of dealing with us. We are all different blueprints all made wonderfully and beautifully by God. We are where we are right now for a reason and that is TO BE USED BY GOD. Since He had and still be transforming us--He will use us to reach out to others. That's why I'm here because I should be doing something here, not for myself, but for others. And don't worry, it is not us who'll be moving it's God. So don't feel guilty when you still can't invite your family to church--keep praying for them and just wait for God's time. No one can stop God's plan.

"And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” - Genesis 1:11
Like how God made the soil of the earth fertile, He will also do that to us--as long as we are rooted in Him--He will make us bear fruits whether we like it or not.

Moreover, upon reading Genesis 1, I really find it pleasing when I read "And God saw that it (His creations) was good.". Even though we are imperfect and inconsistent, there is this Big God up above who thinks we are "good" even though we are not for He is the only good one in this vast world. I really admire how God reminds us that we are of His image, that we are His children and that He loves us the most.

Dear God,
Thank you for loving us. Thank you for the past, the present and the future. Please do remind us always to find our worth and purpose in you and in the blood of Jesus Christ. We love you. This we pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a joyful day lovelies! God bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)