Skip to main content

Look what you made me do: The Sekushi Beauty Premium Soap Review


Hello Lovelies!
How are you guys? Hope your are all well! Remember, you are beautiful and God loves you. :)
Moving on, this post will be about my experience upon using Sekushi Beauty Premium Soap, and yes, my Lovelies! It's a whitening soap! You guys know me very well. :)

Before I move on, a bit of a disclaimer: If you are not into whitening products this post is not for you. Please save your time doing things more productive than lurking here, that will make us both happy. Thank you!  ´ ▽ ` )ノ


You may be wondering why all the Swiftiness? Well other than I'm a fan---my experience using this soap reminds me of the "Look What You Made Me Do" MV of Taylor, which showcases different Taylor sides and I believe that my experience using this product revealed all those Taylors inside of me. So I guess, it would be necessary to include Taylor on this post.

Disclaimer (again): Taylor is not, in anyway, affiliated with Sekushi, kay?

Just a background, it wasn't THAT planned during that time when I bought this soap to purchase it. I mean, yes this soap is on hype right now and on my list---however, it is not necessary that time. BUT, it seemed like fate wants us together because, who would have thought that after a Site Visit, me and my boss will end up going to Trinoma? What are the odds right? So being at Trinoma, I searched for Happy Hauler Ph's Pop-up store and wa-la! It's DESTINY. 

And since I'm all Taylor with this soap, my review post will be on a different format. Instead of the usual direct "Pros and Cons" only review, I'm adding some feelsss on it. So, are you ready for it? 

What? Sekushi Beauty Premium Soap
How Much? 298 Php 
Where? Happy Hauler Ph's Pop-up Store at Pop Culture in Trinoma


I was all excited that night guys!! This soap has tons of positive reviews. Upon opening it, I was so glad for it was a huge bar and it smells great too, it somehow reminds me of another soap though, a baby soap--can't remember, sorry.
With all those ingredients indicated, I thought then that it will outshine my Jinju White Soap. However, I was a bit doubtful to try it then because gluta soaps don't do well for my skin, and also it's sensitive to vitamin c--but of course, I've already bought--let's risk it all! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
So upon using it for the first time? Let's just say that the caption in above's photo summarizes it all. Perhaps, I just got used to Jinju White Soap and how mild it was--that I let the soap stayed in my face more than 2 minutes---and it burnssssss!! As in major ouch!! The stinging sensation is Kojic Level, and the irony is that the reason I stopped using kojic soap it because it stings--and now, I'm with this soap that doesn't have any BUT DEFINITELY STINGS. But, fortunately, it didn't made my face red as a tomato. But still, it hurts--to the point that when I dab my toner filled cotton ball on my face it felt like I'm scratching my face. Moreover, it has this black particles--which is too painful to use as a scrub, so I don't advise you to use this soap directly on your face or skin. Just lather it up on your palms or loofah and spread it all over your entity, fortunately it lathers easily. 
Since it didn't cause me anything other than stinging sensation during that time--nilaban ko bes! I continue using it. And to my surprise the sting lessen as I use it daily. It didn't give me those peeling--not that I'm aware of. 
But when the third week hit (yes, it lasted that long), pimples on my body started popping out. It's not helping with the improvement of my skin asthma, and also it doesn't aid with lightening my pimple scars. I'm losing hope and I'm not even sure if I'm getting whiter. But on the bright side, it did make my skin softer and smooth. And even though I lack some sleep, you won't notice it on my skin.
I actually don't know what to feel about this soap. It's like there's a part of me that wants to use it continually, because upon entering my fourth week of using it, my skin asthma lightened and the stinging sensation is nearly gone--perhaps it's sepanx, right? But for the whitening, you be the judge:

There's no drastic whitening, but at least I didn't get darker. However, based on my observation, this is just a hypothesis, this soap delivers this pale white glow unlike Jinju White Soap, that gives this pinkish white glow. 

So for the final verdict:

Pros:
  • Smells good but not too empowering
  • Big Bar
  • Lasted for a month!
  • Aid a bit on my skin asthma
  • Glowing effect
  • It whitens, but not drastic and instant.
  • No noticeable peeling
  • LATHERS EASILY.
 Cons:
  • Not easily accessible for consumers like me: either you go to Happy Hauler Pop-up stores or order online. They are not in grocery stores or Watsons.
  • The stinging sensation: sometimes bearable sometime not.
  • The scrub, it hurts.
  • It didn't aid in lightening my pimple scars
  • Too Expensive for my taste
So there it goes. Since it's a hype soap, I've expected a lot from it but it ended up making me do things like:

  • Limiting my bath time because it stings. No more singing and no more playing with the bubbles.
  • Waiting for like 1-2 minutes before using my toner.
  • Touch my skin more, because it's smoother and softer.
See Sekushi, look what you made me do? It's so love-hate! No, I don't hate. Hate is a mean and big word, I prefer dislike. (✿◠‿◠)

Disclaimer: This product may work on me but it doesn't mean that it will work for you also, or vice versa. Our bodies, diets and health states are different. So I'm not saying that this product will work miracles for everyone. Let's be clear about that. (・ェ-)


Will I buy again? Hmm, I guess I should move on.
Recommend? Maybe, if you can tolerate the pain. But love your skin first dear, be milder. :)
Love Rating: 

Comments

  1. Thank you for your articles that you have shared with us. Hopefully you can give the article a good benefit to us. Buy Upstore Premium

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)