Skip to main content

D I Y Face & Body Moisturizer: My New and Improved Moisturizer



Hello Lovely!
Hope you are well and feeling all loved (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧♥♥♥

Oh oils! I've always been an avid fan of Sunflower Oil since 2013 UNTIL RECENTLY, I discovered something that changed my mind: "The Complete List of Comedogenic Oils" by Tash of Holistic Health Herbalist , a blog post which has a table of  oil kinds and their comedogenic rating. 

"Comedogenic say what?? I know, I feel yah." 
So what is Comedogenic?


"Comedogenic is the ability of an oil to block the pores which can result to blackheads or to pimples." 

The Comedogenic Rating Table provided by Holistic Health Herbalist is very helpful for those people who use oil as part of their skin care routine,  and also for those who make their own DIY moisturizers, like me.

I want my face and body care routine to be as personal as it can be. As much as possible I want to know what I put on my skin and hair--that's the reason why I switched to oils as a moisturizer, and also add the fact that I can tweak it in accordance to my taste--it is like having your own tea flavor, without added preservatives. ^.~


Disclaimer: This is my personal concoction of a Face & Body Moisturizer, please don't try this if you are allergic to any oil or extract that will be mentioned. Try some other oil that will soothe you, the key is to know your skin type first, it's a tedious process but it will be worth while. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

The Creyzi Moisturizer (Chos! Can't think of a name! Should I really name it? Nvrmnd) 

Ingredients:

  • Safflower Oil (as carrier) - Got mine from Craftology (100 ml for 220 Php during Shopee12:12 promo, shipping not included) but, Naoe has one also, a bit cheaper at 150 Php but for 60 ml, but during the time when I went to their stall at UP Town it wasn't available.
  • Argan Oil (additional moisturizing agent)- Got mine from Craftology (245 Php during Shopee12:12 promo, shipping not included) but, Naoe has one also but quite expensive, 880 Php for 30 ml.
  • Licorice Extract (Brightening Agent)- Got it from Naoe's Stall at UP Town for 260 Php per 50 ml. Moreover, you can also use Bearberry Extract as an alternative.
  • Lemon Essential Oil (Brightening Agent) - Got it from Naoe's Stall at UP Town for 250 Php for 10 ml.
  • Lavender Essential Oil (Anti-bacterial Agent) Got it from Zenzest for 150 Php for 15 ml.
Mixture:
Add agents to carrier, 100ml Safflower Oil:
  • 10 drops of Argan Oil
  • 10 drops of Licorice Extract
  • 5 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
  • 5 drops of Lavender Oil
You can add more if you like but this mixture is enough for me, agents are quite expensive. 
I use this as a Face and Body moisturizer at night. In the morning I use, solely, the argan oil on my face, and as for my body moisturizer, I'm using a lotion which my aunt gave me.
The reason why I switched to Safflower Oil from Sunflower Oil is because of it's comedogenic rating which is "0", meaning no pore clogging and also, Safflower Oil rich in Linoleic Acid which, doesn't just moisten the skin but also, aids in reducing acne breakouts. Moreover, a downer for sunflower oil is it stained some of my clothes. I think the reason is because it needs time to seep in, 5-10 minutes or more--which I tend to forget oftentimes. =.="

So that's it, hope you'll find this post helpful. Thanks for dropping by!
Till next time! Stay Amazing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)