Skip to main content

My cup of Tea: The Beauty of Chamomile


Camomile/Chamomile is best known as a tea, a calming and relaxing tea to be certain. However, there's more to Chamomile Tea than just drinking it, who would have thought that it can also be used on the skin and on the hair? Awesome, right? So why throw them right away after drinking if you could use it again?
Since...
I dyed my hair black, I've been feeling off the weather. I feel so BORING, but of course I don't want to bleach my hair again, NO MORE HARM. So I've decided to research on how can I lighten it bit NATURALLY--just to add a little bit of color shine when the sunlight hit my hair...and that's where chamomile tea entered.

Chamomile Tea on Hair

Chamomile Tea as a hair lightener is more effective on blondes rather than brunette, I'm a brunette so the only perk I can get to it as a lightener is the brownish-reddish shine it gives when the sunlight hit my hair. Moreover, another thing I love about using chamomile tea on my hair is that it untangles my hair--I really don't know but it really does, everytime I brush my chamomile tea-showered hair: there are no tangles and as well as falling hair. 

How I use it on my hair:
  • Boil 3-5 cups of water
  • When boiled, remove from heat. Pour it into a container or a basin.
  • Put 1-2 Chamomile teabags on it (any brand will do).
  • Let it cool.
  • When the tea cooled down, be ready to soak your hair into it. Another method is to put the tea on a spray bottle, so instead of soaking your hair, you can just spray the tea all over your hair. Let the tea sit on your hair for 30 minutes then spray or soak it again, do this three times then rinse it with cold water. 
However, as for me, I just let my hair dry with it. I don't rinse it out. I wet my hair, shampoo it, condition it, rinse it then shower it with a generous amount of chamomile tea then I'M DONE. I do this in order to lengthen the lightening effect of the tea, because the brownish-reddish shine is just temporary, sorry to inform you about that pretties.

Chamomile Tea on Face and Skin
If it can lighten your hair, sure it can add glow on your skin. I cannot promise a kojic-gluta white skin to you but, I do swear that chamomile tea can give you a clean, healthy and glowing skin. I also used it to remove my eye-bags and also as a treatment to my heat rash and pimples. It moisturizes the skin and at the same time cleanses it.

How I use it on my Skin:
As an eye-bag treatment
  • After drinking your cup of Chamomile Tea, instead of throwing the teabag directly into the bin, put it inside the fridge. Let it cool down.
  • Before you went to bed, get it and put it on your dark circles (eye bags) for 10 minutes or until the coolness went off.
  • Then after that: take it off, then now sir you can finally throw it into the bin (or you can use it on your hair, it is up to you).
As a moisturizer 
  • Boil 5 cups of water
  • When boiled, remove from heat and pour it into a basin.
  • Put the teabag(s) in it.
  • Let it cool down.
  • When it reached your desired water temperature, get a face towel, soak it then wash your body and face with it. Another technique, which what I'm currently doing, is putting it on a spray bottle, just like what I've stated above, and spraying it all over my body and my face and letting it dry--NO RINSE.
So that's it, hope this helps. ♥
Maybe from now on, you will think twice on throwing your chamomile teabags directly into the bin after a sweet and calming tea time. (^ u ^)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Cheap but EFFECTIVE Pimple Drying Cream: Katialis Review

Hello Lovelies!! This review is like an updated review version of my previous post on my  IG account .  Being thrifty, I tend to search for DIY's when it comes to that time of the month wherein my "visitor" a.k.a menstruation visits me with a friend named pimple or sometimes zit. My research lead me to knowing this product: Katialis. :) What:   Katialis Price:   small-25Php large-40 Php Where did I bought it?  Local Drugstore & Mercury Drugs Ingredients : Precipitated Sulfur - a form of sulfur used in treating skin diseases, has a keratolytic effect that promotes peeling of the skin. Zinc Oxid e - a mineral used to threat skin rashes, itching, minor burn & other skin irritation. Not anti-bacteria. Resorcinol - used to treat acne. Salicylic Acid - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. It has a yellow-greenish-grey color (that color though!) with a cream-powdery consistency and smells like Fissan Foot Powd

Quick Review: Silka Whitening Herbal Soap

Hello Lovelies!! Just a quick review :) Being used by my friend and at the same time having good reviews online, I decided to see for myself if this will become my long term soap. The 65g Budget Pack of Silka Whitening Herbal Soap What?  Silka Whitening Herbal Soap How Much?  16 Php / 0.31 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Rear Portion: Ingredients & Description Ingredients:  Sodium Palmitate/ Sodium Palm Kernelate  - based on what I gather, these two are both cleansing agent--being sodium but, in high amount can be a skin irritant because they strip off oil from the skin. :( Salicylic Acid   - known to fight pimple & great for exfoliating skin. Mineral Oil  - hhhmmmmmm Carica Papaya Enzyme  - exfoliating dead skin cells. Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate  - Vitamin E!! Finally! A moisturizer! The Verdict... Pros: Affordable. 16 pesos guys!! 16!! Smells goooooood. Cons: Breakouts (not only on my face but on my body also!! T

Product Review: Skin White Whitening Soap

Hello Lovelies!! As my journey to finding the best soap for my face and my body continues, it led me to this product: Skin White Whitening Soap . Moreover, the reason why I grabbed this soap immediately is because it has Niacinamide , a must for me since my skin hasn't recovered yet from the recent breakouts caused by Silka Herbal Soap . So here it goes: What?  SkinWhite Whitening Soap w/ Kojic Acid How Much?  46 Php / 0.9 $ Where?  Leading supermarkets & drugstores Pros: It has Niacinamide!!! <3 Smells good VERY-VERY MILD FOR A KOJIC SOAP Doesn't sting Easy to find Lasted for a week Cons: Not that effective in terms of whitening (perhaps whitening will be visible after months of use) Didn't help with my breakouts All in all, if you're not into instant whitening and don't like the sting of the usual Kojic Soap--this soap is for you. Will I buy again?  Nope. Recommend?  Yes, for Kojic Soap Newbies. :)